- Health Law
- Created Faculty Practice Plans.
- Developed Medical Staff Practice Plans.
- Developed PSO's.
- Developed ambulatory surgery centers.
- Created hospital-physician networks and joint-ventures.
- Provided general corporate, contract, and securities work for a number of corporate clients.
- Completed prospectuses for stock offerings ranging from $140 million to $250 million.
- Developed managed care plans and negotiated contracts regarding the same.
- Developed several foundations.
- Merged healthcare facilities; merged physician practices.
- Developed multi-specialty group practices.
- Revised medical staff bylaws.
- Developed numerous IPAs and MSOs.
- Negotiated physician practice acquisitions.
- Negotiated settlements of alleged Stark law violations.
- Litigated securities fraud suit involving sale of medical products.
- Litigated cases on tax exemption.
- Represented a coalition of nursing homes in seeking to overturn burdensome and costly regulations.
- Obtained $2.75 million in additional reimbursement from HCFA because of flaws in the RVS and RBRVS payment systems.
- Obtained $1.8 million settlement in reimbursement litigation.
- Negotiated with HCFA regarding alleged overpayments.
- Represented in various cases either hospitals or physicians in disputes over medical staff credentialing and physician employment.
- Pursued Provider Reimbursement Review Board (PRRB) appeals.
- Pursued litigation against computer manufacturer for breach of warranty and fraud.
- Represented debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented providers in antitrust suits.
- Represented physicians in partnership dissolution.
- Represented providers in qui tam suits.
- Advised on certificate of need applications and appeals.
- Advised on reimbursement issues and filed reimbursement appeals for healthcare facilities and physicians.
- Advised on licensure and certification questions, including focused reviews.
- Advised on antitrust and fraud and abuse issues.
- Advised on IRS issues including income tax, private inurement, private benefit, public charity status.
- Developed a manual on the MSO industry.
- Negotiated several dozen managed care payor contracts for physician/hospital networks in Pennsylvania.
- Currently marketing nine physician/hospital networks.
- Billing and claims processing for a large, single-specialty IPA.